Before the game starts, it is a good idea to describe the rules clearly. This time, we will tell you about the cornhole rules, specifically about foul corn bags.
What is a foul corn bag?
A foul corn bag is a corn bag that was delivered in a non-compliance way with one of the rules of the game. The foul bag scores as a bag out of the count. It is to be removed from the court before any more bags are thrown. The bags that are already on the court that have been knocked into foul territory by a foul bag should be returned to the scoring area. The bags that are on the court but are knocked into the board’s hole by a foul bag must be returned to their original scoring position.
The following are the rule violations that must be spotted and called by either a player or assigned judge. The penalty is to declare the bag a foul bag. Which means the bag will be removed from the court before the game resume. A bag is a foul bag when they are in any of the following situations:
- Any bag thrown when the player made contact with or crossed over the foul line before the bag is released
- Except as provided above, any bag thrown when the player has started or stepped completely outside the throwing box before releasing the bag
- Any bag that is not delivered within the time limit
- A bag thrown from different throwing box than the first bag
- Any bag that contacted the court or the ground before coming to rest on the platform
- Any bag that struck a previously defined object such as wire, tree limb, indoor court ceiling etc.